demos (2010​-​2011)

by the band in Heaven

supported by
/
  • Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.

    LOTS OF SONGS ARE FREE
    7" coming out on HoZac Records (hozacrecords.com) January '12
    Sleazy Dreams music video - http://vimeo.com/27420833
    Sludgy Dreams music video - http://vimeo.com/35507553

     $5 USD  or more

     

  • BAND IN HEAVEN SPOOKY DOG SHIRTS

1.
2.
3.
4.
03:56
5.
01:42
6.
7.
01:15
8.
(free) 01:15
9.
10.
02:10
11.
12.

about

"My Needle Drops, I bring you a shoegaze duo that’s in the midst of demo stages right now, but still brings a lot to the table.
The Band In Heaven sports a strong pop sensibility, and they make sure you hear it. It’s a trophy standing on a pedestal of guitar distortion and feedback. The sounds can be pretty punishing, but there’s a blissful, mind-numbing quality to their music, too. It could be likened to dream pop, but sleep is the last thing on my mind when this is on.
There are some definite gems in the handful of tracks the project has assembled so far. As rough as it is, their cover of the Cranberries’ “Dreams” rivals the original. The song “Summer Bummer” goes into rougher territory, and brings visions of amplifiers turned up to eleven and bursting into flames. The “cleanest” song among them is “Suicide Pact,” which sounds like a Raveonettes-esque duet, and features lead guitars from a member of Surfer Blood." - The Needle Drop


"‎the band in Heaven is a perfect formula of sludgy, psych rock combined with dreamy, shoegaze melodies. Imagine The Black Angels, The Brian Jonestown Massacre and Slowdive meeting somewhere in outer space" - GetBent

"Sometimes I think that the reemergence of The Jesus and Mary Chain as an influence on underground music was a really bad thing that simply created legions of disenfranchised waifish men that wanted to make record after record of repetitive gunk. Dozens of bands have spent the last decade employing the droning wall of sound that is equal parts Velvets and surf rock; it works 25% of the time, and sounds like a sad retread the other 75%. Wooden Shjips, Crocodiles, and A Place to Bury Strangers have all done well, while most other bands that fit the above description probably have not.

With their upcoming release on HoZac later this winter (Todd from the label tells me “early 2012 most likely,”) The Band In Heaven will bump up the “Works” category to around 31%, and their buzzsaw drug rock will hopefully set things right and serve as an example for the future." - Impose Magazine

credits

released 01 October 2012

tags

license

all rights reserved

feeds

feeds for this album, this artist

contact / help

Contact the band in Heaven

Download help

Redeem download codes

Track Name: Summer Bummer (demo)
been looking for lovers
been looking for fights
better look out for your brother
he's gonna get it tonight
been crawling through windows
been sleeping on floors
been burnin some bridges man
know your girlfriends a whore

well summer's a bummer
i guess summer's alright

been looking for freedom
been looking to score
think you had too much man
well i been looking for more
been spinning in circles
been climbing up walls
been looking for Jesus
does he hear when i call

well summer's a bummer
i guess summer's alright
summer's alright